Some of you guys know me already…if you aren’t one of them, this little thing I’m about to write is for you.
Well, hello there! So…welcome to my new blog. This is going to be a whole new thing for me, and I’m pretty excited to get started, but I guess WordPress wants me to do a bunch of other little things before I get to the good part.
So- things you might be interested to know about me:
- I am a single mother of two gorgeous daughters. One of them is 22 and the other one is 8. I am not here to write about them, although for sure they will come up from time to time, as so much of my life revolves around my little family.
- I have had an interesting life…by that I mean it was a train wreck, for many, many years. There was a lot of drugs, a lot of dysfunction, a lot of needless suffering. I learned a lot from all of it.
- I have ADHD. If I can find a matching pair of socks in the morning, I feel like a small miracle has occurred. My house is often messier than I would prefer (always. It’s always messier than I would prefer.) Nevertheless, I manage to cheerfully soldier on. I am learning to accept my imperfections and try to work with them.
- Spirituality is the foundation of my life. I start each day with prayer and meditation, and when I let my practice lag, I feel the effects deeply. The things that come to me, that I am going to share here, are a direct result of this practice…just translated, badly, by me.
- I’m not some kind of guru, nor am I pretending or trying to be. I just get these little flashes of insight and they make me so happy…I thought maybe they could make someone else happier or more focused or help them see the silver lining, too. That’s all this is.
- I am not religious. If I were forced to pick a belief system that resonated with me, it wouldn’t even be a religion, really. It would probably be witchcraft. And if that freaks you out, then you probably don’t know much about witchcraft, because honestly? It’s awesome. But I do believe in God. And angels. And spirit guides, reincarnation, divine intervention, manifestation, energy, crystals, chakras, prayer, intention, astrology (sort of), tarot, psychics, spirits, and possibly cryptids, if I’ve been watching too much “Paranormal Caught on Camera”, or basically anything on Travel Channel.
So, that’s about it. I hope you find something in what I’ve written to interest you enough that you will follow along. And I hope I can write something captivating, honest, resonant or beautiful enough to keep you coming back.